Job Title: Registered Nurse
Nursing Category: Medical-Surgical
Employment Type: Full Time and Permanent
Locations: All 50 US States
Salary: At least $25 dollars an hour
Relocation Assistance: $2,500 US Dollars.
Hours/Pay Period: 36-40 hours per week
Contract Tenure: 3 years
Other Benefits: Overtime (pay judged on a State by State Basis), relocation allowance, a chance of career progression and development within some of the USA’s most established hospitals. May also include health insurance, dental insurance, life and disability insurance.
Years Experience: At least 12 recent months direct patient care in this role
Professional Education: 3 year diploma or Bsc. Nursing Degree
Note: Please read the complete description below before applying for this job.
JOB SUMMARY: Administer nursing care to patients in an efficient, safe, and courteous manner using proper nursing procedures. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s
requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s/area’s/department’s policies and procedures.
CULTURE/RELIGIOUS ASPECTS: Employee will care for patients of all cultural and religious backgrounds. In view of the seasonal influx of people from all over the world, be prepared to care for patients of diverse cultural and/or religious backgrounds.
ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE: Employee performs within the prescribed limits of the hospitals/departments Ethics and Compliance Program. Is responsible to detect, observe and report compliance variances to their immediate supervisor, or upward through the chain of command, the Compliance officer or hospital hotline.
- Performs delivery of nursing care via the nursing process: Assessment (collection of data), problem identification (nursing diagnosis), planning, nursing interventions and evaluation and updating of planning.
- Practices within Nursing Standards of Practice and follow standards of patient care & Policies and Procedures of Client Facility and in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Assists patient, physician and peers in determining long and short range goals for patient and formulating a plan to work toward those goals.
- Carries out medical and nursing treatment and documents medications and nursing care in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains knowledge of the patient’s status during hospitalization and work with health care team to adjust and improve approach to recovery.
- Assumes professional responsibility for assuring patient care is of the highest standards possible.
- Supervises LPN’s and nonprofessional staff in delivery of care to assigned patients.
- Make work assignments, assists with priority setting and acts as resource personnel for less experienced staff.
- Exhibits cooperation and a positive attitude toward other hospital departments.
- Follows procedures to assure that supply and medication stocks are rotated and replaced as used.
- Assures that consents are obtained when needed and that all records are signed and legally complete.
- Completes incident and error forms when appropriate.
- Assists physicians in the care of the patients. Makes rounds, assists with procedures provides progress reports on patient status and assures that orders are carried out.
- Follows procedure for medication administration and narcotics control.
- Participates in service programs and takes primary responsibility for keeping own knowledge and skills current.
- Works with other departments in coordinating the smoother transfer of patients for procedures or diagnostic test.
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings and resuscitation drills.
- Assists in peer and staff evaluations when requested.
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control in the delivery of patient care.
- Assists nursing staff in other departments as requested and qualified when a need arises.
- Maintains confidentiality.
Tel: (UK) 01582 346 700>
Please Email Your Resume (C.V)
Us Nurse Jobs: